Sydney Therapy & Co
consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional way.
spelling / spɛlɪŋ /
writing / ˈWrītiNG /
on paper and composing text.
Sydney Therapy & Co is a child and family centred speech pathology and educational therapy service. We provide assessment and intervention for children and young people who are experiencing difficulty with speech, language, literacy & participation in everyday life skills such as play, attention, writing, organisation and independence.
Our vision is to deliver evidence based and individualised programs, tailored to meet every need. Sydney Therapy & Co work collaboratively with parents and teaching professionals to ultimately see your child succeed in therapy as well as in the classroom.
As Speech Pathologists we are able to use our sound and language knowledge expertise to target literacy using specific intervention.
We aim to help your child walk away with good reading strategies, greater knowledge in using letter-sound relationships, and more motivation to write and link ideas.
AREAS & CONCERNS
We frequently receive referrals for the following concerns.
• Difficulty in understanding the child’s speech sounds after 24 months of age
• Lack of understanding in following commands and multiple-step instruction
• Slow to show an understanding of new words
• Cognitive changes such as decreased memory or problem solving skills
• Struggling or not able to start conversations with others
• Difficulty with executive functioning skills (planning, organisation, time management and self monitoring)
• Difficulty communicating thoughts for verbal or written expression
• Poor progress in literacy with spelling, reading and writing for age appropriate expectations
• Difficulty with or not responding to directions, questions or conversations with others
Refer your child for speech language therapy
Sydney Therapy & Co offers a range of therapy options for children of all ages.
Speak with one of our team about speech therapy, or educational therapy. We are available by email or you are welcome to call us for a free phone consult.
Unit 5 & 6 46 Burns Bay Road,
Lane Cove NSW 2066
(Week days 8.00am – 6.00pm)