consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional way.
spelling / spɛlɪŋ /
writing / ˈWrītiNG /
on paper and composing text.
Sydney Therapy & Co
Sydney Therapy & Co is a child and family centred speech pathology, occupational and educational therapy service. We provide assessment and intervention for children and young people who are experiencing difficulty with speech, language, literacy & participation in everyday life skills such as play, attention, writing, organisation and independence.
Our vision is to deliver evidence based and individualised programs, tailored to meet every need. Sydney Therapy & Co work collaboratively with parents and teaching professionals to ultimately see your child succeed in therapy as well as in the classroom.
As Speech Pathologists we are able to use our sound and language knowledge expertise to target literacy using specific intervention
What’s on @ Sydney Therapy Co this AUTUMN
What if you child was keen and ready to sit down and get homework done?
How would it change their time if they could learn skills at the same time so homework more that school work? As professionals working in the space of language & literacy as well as organisation, planning, and time management we want to see kids with a healthy growth mind set about homework
See our program here
AREAS & CONCERNS
We frequently receive referrals for the following concerns.
• Difficulty in understanding the child’s speech sounds after 24 months of age
• Lack of understanding in following commands and multiple-step instruction
• Slow to show an understanding of new words
• Cognitive changes such as decreased memory or problem solving skills
• Struggling or not able to start conversations with others
• Difficulty with executive functioning skills (planning, organisation, time management and self monitoring)
• Difficulty communicating thoughts for verbal or written expression
• Poor progress in literacy with spelling, reading and writing for age appropriate expectations
• Difficulty with or not responding to directions, questions or conversations with others
Refer your child for speech language therapy or occupational therapy
Sydney Therapy & Co offers a range of therapy options for children of all ages.
Speak with one of our team about speech therapy, occupational or educational therapy. We are available by email or you are welcome to call us for a free phone consult.