consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional way.
spelling / spɛlɪŋ /
writing / ˈWrītiNG /
on paper and composing text.
Sydney Therapy & Co
Sydney Therapy & Co is an inclusive and welcoming speech pathology and educational therapy service. We provide assessment and intervention for children, teenagers, young people and adults who are experiencing difficulty with speech, language, literacy, voice and fluency. We also work with you to achieve your participation goals in everyday life by targeting skills of executive functioning, cognitive communication, socialising and independence.
Our vision is to deliver evidence based and individualised programs, tailored to meet every need. Sydney Therapy & Co work collaboratively with clients, specialists, parents and teaching professionals to achieve your goals.
As Speech Pathologists we are able to use our experience and expertise to provide targeted evidence-based literacy intervention
AREAS & CONCERNS
We frequently receive referrals for the following concerns.
• Difficulty in understanding the child’s speech sounds after 24 months of age
• Lack of understanding in following commands and multiple-step instruction
• Slow to show an understanding of new words
• Cognitive changes such as decreased memory or problem solving skills
• Struggling or not able to start conversations with others
• Difficulty with executive functioning skills (planning, organisation, time management and self monitoring)
• Difficulty communicating thoughts for verbal or written expression
• Poor progress in literacy with spelling, reading and writing for age appropriate expectations
• Difficulty with or not responding to directions, questions or conversations with others
Refer today for speech language therapy or educational therapy
Sydney Therapy & Co offers a range of therapy options for children and adults of all ages.
Speak with one of our team about speech therapy or educational therapy. We are available by email or you are welcome to call us for a free phone consult.
1800 244 271